Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. By virtue of these terms, an agreement is made between Alliance Against Child Marriages (AACM) and you as a site visitor and/or Member (“You”). This agreement is effective from December 2014, onwards. This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms of your use of the AACM website and all its services located at URL www.endchildmarriages.org.
Alliance Against Child Marriages (AACM) is a group of like-minded provincial NGOs.
We aim to have effective legislation in Punjab against child marriages. We review existing laws and propose revisions for a new comprehensive law contribute in making rules for new legislation and lobby with provincial government. AACM is established on a one point agenda of getting the law revised or a new law to combat child marriages.
The core members of the ACCM are Rutgers WPF, ActionAid, HANDS, Shirkat Gah and Aurat Foundation.
Acceptance of these Terms
Acceptable use of the Services provided by AACM:
Any changes we make will be effective immediately on notice, which we may give either by posting the new Agreement on the Site or via electronic mail. Your use of the Services after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to review this Agreement periodically to ensure your familiarity with the most current version.
AACM hereby grants you permission to use the Website as provided below:
- 1. your use of the Website as permitted is solely for your personal, non-commercial use unless agreed otherwise , any such agreement should be in an express written form;
- 2. you will not copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without AACM ‘s prior written authorization;
- 3. you will not alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website for its intended purpose; and
- 4. You will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions provided herein.
Please note that AACM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse post or remove any Content posted by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the AACM Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. AACM expressly reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to any part of the AACM Website.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc. that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the AACM servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a convention on-line web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, AACM grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. AACM reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
Your AACM Account
- 1. In order to access some features of the Website, you may have to create an account. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure.
- 2. You must notify AACM immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Although AACM will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable for the losses of AACM or others due to such unauthorized use.
- 3. On consideration of your use of the Site and Services, you agree, where information is requested, to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself, and to maintain and update it promptly.
- 4. You agree that if any information you provide is false, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we may terminate your use of the Site and/or the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and agree not to transfer your use of or access to the Site or Services to any third party.
- 5. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or user name, including, without limitation, purchases. You agree to (a) immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or user name or any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with all of the foregoing obligations.
Charges for Services
You acknowledge that AACM reserves the right to charge for the services on the AACM Website and to change its fees from time to time at its discretion. If AACM terminates your membership because you have breached these terms, you shall not be entitled to become a member of AACM again.
- 1. The AACM Website including the services provided on the Website may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by AACM.
- 2. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the AACM Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the AACM Website is prohibited.
- 3. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member comments without notice and may result in termination of membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the AACM services.
Intellectual Property Rights
- 1. The content on the AACM Website, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, sounds, interactive features (including all such similar content) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to AACM, subject to the intellectual property rights as covered under Pakistan’s laws and all the international IPR laws and protections as granted by International IPR Treaties and Conventions.
- 2. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners and AACM. AACM reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.
- 3. You agree not to engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the AACM Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the AACM Website or the Content therein.
- 4. AACM does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and AACM will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. AACM reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
- 5. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification of the same to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information in writing:
- a) A physical or electronic signature of a user authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- b) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- c) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- d) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- e) A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- f) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalties of misrepresentation and other applicable laws, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
AACM reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in AACM’s sole discretion, violates these provisions, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the AACM Website and terminating the membership of such violators.
These terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by AACM without restriction.
If any provision(s) of these terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision(s) shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
No waiver of any of these terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and AACM’s failure to assert any right or provision under these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. AACM reserves the right to amend these terms at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these terms for any changes. Your use of the AACM Website following any amendment of these terms will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND AACM AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE AACM WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless AACM, its running office(s), its affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the AACM Website; (ii) your violation of any these terms; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these terms and your use of the AACM Website.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE AACM WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AACM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. AACM MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE AACM WEBSITE. AACM DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE AACM WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND AACM WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
INCLUSION OF ANY LINKED WEBSITE ON THE AACM WEBSITE DOES NOT IMPLY APPROVAL OR ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED WEBSITE BY AACM. WHEN YOU ACCESS THESE THIRD-PARTY SITES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. AACM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENTS WHICH ARE POSTED ON THE AACM WEBSITE OR THROUGH THE AACM SERVICES, NOR DOES IT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED BY ITS ADVERTISERS. AACM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE AACM SERVICES. AACM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ANY USER OR MEMBER COMMUNICATION. AACM IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF ANY EMAIL OR PLAYERS DUE TO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR ON ANY OF THE AACM SERVICES OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS OR TO ANY PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE AACM SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AACM BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM USE OF THE AACM SERVICES, ATTENDANCE AT A AACM EVENT, FROM ANY CONTENT POSTED ON OR THROUGH THE AACM SERVICES, OR FROM THE CONDUCT OF ANY USERS OF THE AACM SERVICES, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. THE AACM SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND AS AVAILABLE AND AACM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. AACM CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE AACM SERVICES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL AACM, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE AACM WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT AACM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
The Website is controlled and offered by AACM from its facilities in Pakistan. AACM makes no representations that the AACM Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the AACM Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.